Today is day four of my twelve days of bookish crafts blogmas and for anyone who found my paper house lantern too fiddly, I’ve got the easiest free five-minute craft.
As with any candle holder, I’d recommend that you use an LED tealight rather than a real candle because of the fire hazard.
You will need:
- A clean glass jar
- Decorative paper (I used the book page for a bookish feel)
- Washi tape
- Craft knife
- String or ribbon to decorate
- Any embellishments you might like (I used star beads)
- Cutting board/protective mat
How to make it:
- Measure the dimensions of your glass door then cut the decorative paper to fit.
- Stick the paper down with stripes of washi tape, both to decorate and to hold the paper in position on your cutting board/protective mat
- Cut shapes out of the washi tape and decorative paper to allow the light to shine through when the tea light is inside the jar.
- Stick the paper to the jar with two final strips of washi tape.
- Wrap the top of the jar with string or ribbon.
- Finish off with any additional embellishments you like.
Voila, five-minute tea light holder.