I had lots of plans for how I would spend the six weeks living alone. One idea was Pilates every other day to sort out the book belly before it became a problem but I ended up making these instead. Exercise has never really been my thing.
They are really easy and taste absolutely amazing. I have to take them to work because I’ve already eaten about half.
- 200g salted butter
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g raspberries
- 150g chopped white chocolate
- Melt the butter over a very low heat to avoid the salt burning, then when it’s all clear, stir in half the white chocolate.
- Cream the sugar and the eggs together until they are fluffy, then fold in the chocolate mixture, vanilla extract and the plain flour to make a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into a brownie tin then stud with the remaining chocolate and the raspberries.
- Bake at gas mark 4/160 Celsius for 40 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
I’m between books at the moment. I finished Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin yesterday and can’t decide what I should move on to. It’s beginning to worry me. I had to take a magazine on the bus this morning… I don’t know how I’ll cope tomorrow.